Celsius Security 101
A comprehensive guide on how to keep yourself and your Celsius account safe.
Most of us probably have some general idea of how to keep ourselves (and our data) safe in a digital world, or at least most of us probably think we do. But the odds are that most of us have been, or will be, victims of some form of cybercrime in our lifetime. Whether it’s your social network password, your social security number, or your credit card information, cybercriminals are always looking for ways to profit off of your data.
Today’s cybersecurity threat landscape is dynamic, intelligent, and most of all, ruthless. Instead of an email from a Nigerian prince, a cyber attack in 2021 may look like a text from a friend, a tweet from a celebrity, or even an email attachment from your employer. Cybercriminals are finding more and more advanced ways to gain your trust through deception, impersonation, and manipulation — and it’s working. In fact, it’s estimated that cybercrime will cost the world over $10.5 trillion each year by 2025.
That’s why our commitment to your cybersecurity extends far beyond your Celsius account. We’ve invested in the best people, products, and protocols to keep our network and our community secure. From our team of dedicated experts working 24/7 to monitor our systems and the broader threat landscape to state-of-the-art security infrastructure, Celsius is proud to offer one of the most robust and dynamic cybersecurity solutions in the industry.
But in addition to the industry-leading technology we have keeping your data and your assets secure, we are also committed to giving you the tools, resources, and insights you need to safely navigate through the entire digital ecosystem and keep all your online information and accounts secure.
Our team put together this comprehensive guide to general cybersecurity, Celsius account safety and security, and tips and best practices so that you can always be ahead of the latest threats.
General cybersecurity tips:
Use the tips and guidelines below to keep all your online accounts secure.
- Beware of scams and phishing attempts trying to gain access to your accounts and/or personal information
- Always use unique, strong passwords for your online accounts
- Regularly refresh passwords
- Use an encrypted password manager
- Secure your devices with a strong password or biometric authentication
- Activate 2FA via an authenticator app (if applicable)
- Do not click on strange or suspicious links
- Verify the source before providing any confidential information
- Check to see if your information has been exposed in any recent data leaks: https://haveibeenpwned.com/
Celsius account cybersecurity tips:
Unfortunately, some cybercriminals will try to take advantage of the trust you have for Celsius with fraudulent communications designed to look like official Celsius messages.
Always remember that Celsius will NEVER ask you for confidential information such as passwords, private keys, seed phrases, or secret codes. Wallets such as Metamask and Ledger are not able to connect to your Celsius account, and Celsius will NEVER ask you for access to these wallets.
In addition to the general cybersecurity tips outlined above, you can add even more layers of security to your Celsius account based on your personal security settings. When accessing your Celsius account via the mobile or web app, you should:
- Always verify that you are accessing the official Celsius website, mobile app, and web app before providing credentials
- Keep 2-factor-authentication enabled via an authenticator app in the settings of your Celsius account
- Secure the email account associated with your Celsius account with 2FA
- Enable biometric authentication (if applicable)
- Activate HODL mode and store your HODL mode code offline
- Lock your withdrawal addresses
- Do not use public or unsecured WiFi networks
- Do not use public or shared computers or devices
- Always log out of your session when you are done
Get a comprehensive overview of your account security settings and use your in-app security score for recommendations on how to maximize your security. For more security tips and insights, visit the Celsius Help Center.
Celsius communications security tips:
- Always verify that you are interacting with official Celsius accounts and representatives
- Never share personal or confidential information on social media
- Never click links posted in group chats or on unofficial social media pages
- Never download anything sent to you from unofficial channels or shared in unofficial group chats
Official Celsius channels include:
- Website: https://celsius.network
- Mobile app available on Android and iOS
- Web app available at https://app.celsius.network and https://login.celsius.network
- Email domain: @celsius.network
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CelsiusNetwork/
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/celsiusnetwork/
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/CelsiusNetwork/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/celsiusnetwork/
- Celsius Twitter: https://twitter.com/CelsiusNetwork
- Celsius Security Twitter: https://twitter.com/CelSecurity
- Alex Mashinsky’s Twitter — https://twitter.com/Mashinsky
- YouTube: youtube.com/channel/UC3yZY7UVs-zPKBuyNuPinbQ
- Celsius blog: https://celsiusnetwork.medium.com/
- Alex Mashinsky’s blog: https://mashinsky.medium.com/
If you are unsure if you are interacting with an official Celsius channel or representative, email our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org for verification before providing any information to the unknown source.
Celsius is a democratized reward-earning and crypto lending platform accessible via web and mobile app. Built on the belief that financial services should only do what is in the best interests of the community, Celsius is a modern platform where membership provides access to curated financial services that are not available through traditional financial institutions. Crypto holders can earn rewards by transferring their coins to their Celsius account and can borrow USD or stablecoins against their crypto collateral at interest rates starting at 1% APR.
Download the Celsius app and start earning rewards on your crypto today!